Tuesday 17 April 2012

N is for night nurse




A night nurse’s prayer

Walk with me Father throughout the long night.
Help me to perform each and every duty
to the best of my ability and for the
betterment of those for whom I care.
Let me not shy from any duty, nor perform it
any less thoroughly for want of supervision.
Grant me confidence in all my tasks
and wisdom with which to fulfill them.
Keep me alert and loyal to the cause to which
I am dedicated this night and in those to follow.
And above all, help me to remain faithful
not only to those dependent upon my
ministering, but to those who place in me their trust,
so that, at dawn, I may relinquish my post with
the glad thought that I have not only served
well in my appointment, but that I have
repaid in part the guidance and strength which
Thou provided throughout the night.
Copyright © Margaret C. Nelson, RN
From Praying Hands

A strange change from crochet and craft your probably thinking ! the simple reason well my real job is indeed a night nurse . So a prayer for me ,  my collegues  and all the night nurses who struggle each night in the lonely hours when the patient who is scared needs a caring nurse most . blessed be. xx

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the night nurse...and the poem that went with it. Dropping by from A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year ago my nephew spent a month in the hospital following a car accident. Night nurses are angels from heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Nurses do not get the respect they deserve. This is a great prayer.

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments xx