1. Spring Flower Granny Square.
- Chain 6 , join into a ring.
- Chain 6 , 1 treble into the ring, chain 3 , 1 treble into ring , chain 3, 1 treble into ring, chain 3 , join to 3rd chain ( on the chain 6 at start of row to form a circle )
- Change colour for petals. Join new colour in any 3 chain space , chain 3 , 3 trebles into the same 3 chain space. chain 3 , * 4 trebles into next 3 chain space , chain 3 * repeat twice and join to first treble.
- Change Colour . Join new colour in any 3 chain space. chain 3 , 2 trebles into 3 chain space, chain 2 , 3 trebles into the same 3 chain space. ( corner done ! ) * miss next 2 stitches and do 3 trebles in the next space ( in between the 4 trebles ) , 3 trebles in next 3 chain space , chain 2 , 3 trebles in same chain space . ( corner done !) * Repeat around and join to first treble. Weave in ends !
2. Daffodil Granny Square
- Chain 10, Join ring. ( in dark yellow yarn )
- Chain 3 (counts as first treble ) do a treble in each stitch around. slip stitch to join .
- Repeat row 2 . Fasten off. (this is the trumpet of the flower.)
- At the bottom ( in a lighter yellow yarn ) Join in any stitch .
- chain 5 , 2 double trebles in same stitch , in next stitch 2 double trebles chain 5 slip stitch in same stitch. ( one petal done ) . repeat around using 2 stitches to make one petal until you have 5 petals.
- Change to green yarn.Join in the stitch space between the petals , chain 5 .( you are working behind the petals )
- Slip stitch in next space between next petal, chain 5 ( repeat 2 more times ) Note you will have to go behind 2 petals on last chain . you should now have a square shape chain behind you petals.
- chain 3 , 2 trebles in same stitch chain 2 , 3 trebles in same stitch. ( corner made ).
- chain 1 , in the 5 chain space do 3 trebles chain 1 .
- In the corner stitch of the chain , 3 trebles in same stitch chain 2 , 3 trebles in same stitch. ( corner made ).
- repeat number 11 and 12 around until you have square. join to top of chain 3.
- slip stitch in next 2 stitches.
- 3 trebles in corner space, chain 2 , 3 trebles in corner space.
- chain 1 , 3 trebles in next chain one space, chain 1 , 3 trebles in next chain one space.
- repeat number 15 and 16 , till you go around square, join at top of first treble.
- Join a new colour yarn for edging, at corner space.
- 3 half trebles chain 2 3 half trebles in corner space. chain 1 . ( corner made )
- 3 half trebles in each chain one space followed by chain 1.
- repeat number 19 and 20 till around square, join in first half treble and fasten off.
Summer flower granny square
- Chain 6 and join in a ring .
- Chain 4 ( counts as first double - treble ) 15 dtr into ring , slip stitch in top of 4 chain . fasten off.
- join with another colour in any chain space , chain 1 puff in same space ...( PUFF STITCH : yoh, insert hook in same sp as before and pull through ) twice. yoh and pull through all 7 loops on hook.) Chain 1. peat for all spaces 16 puffs in total.
- Change colours and chain 2 puff stitch in each space again with chain 2 in between. ( 16 puffs )
- repeat step 4 but with a new colour.
- join in last colour in any change space, chain 3 ( counts as first treble ) work 2 more trebles in same space. 3 trebles in next space . then work 3 dtr in next space chain 2 , 3 dtr ( corner made ) . keep going around you need 3 lots of trebles in between the corners to make a square.
Enjoy your summer flower square !!