Wednesday 5 October 2011

W.I.P no 4 .. ripple blanket.



Morning !! Weather has definitely  changed here in wales ! don't feel so daft making winter woollies now !!

Well my W.I.P this week is... Ive started a ripple blanket  the pattern is from attic 24. Ripple pattern

mine doesn't seem to be rippling enough !! I'm not sure why , but i still think its going to look good on my bed .
I need to buy more yarn for it , i want some bright colours ! ..
here's how far Ive got !


Oh btw i would love more followers !! lol  being cheeky here why not add me today !! and people from facebook why not join blogger ??
I'm off to check out rest of W.I.P ... see you Friday...

11 comments:

  1. I think ripple blankets need a few rows before the ripple becomes obvious, so hopefully it'll start rippling properly soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope so !! im going to revisit the pattern instructions just in case ive gone wrong ! i dont fancy ripping it there are 180 chains... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree the ripple takes awhile to appear. Looks great so far. The long foundation chain has always put me off. X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's going to be beautiful! I love ripple blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a little like you might be fighting the ripple. Don't try to get it to line up...it feels really weird when you're doing it, but once you get about double what you have as far as rows, it will all come together. I did the same thing when I started because it didn't feel like it was laying flat enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah it does feel strange that it isnt lying flat... im going to carry on im sure my family really arntbothered weather i have gentle waves or ripples !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the ripple comes through soon for you! Oh by the way I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh another one making a ripple blanket, hope you get your nice ripples soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ripple blankies (as you know) and my first on was a bit wonky too so I went looking for help and found that Lucy at Attic24 has a brilliant step by step tutorial if you get stuck

    http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soz, I should read things through properly! stick with it and it will ripple along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i know what ive done... ive gone wrong and im not prepared to un do it... i have some extra sitches in places.. ooopppsss thats doing crochet when im tired and should be in bed.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments xx